Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dates Entered in Parameter different In Display Tab view

Status
Not open for further replies.

diane55

Programmer
Dec 14, 2004
US
Crystal 10 Oracle Database ODBC connetion

I have a report that has a parameter prompt for the Date Range (Begin and End)

I enter the Date Range the report pulls the correct records using the date entered.

The issue is that when I display the report via the Display tab on the record tree (on the left side) shows a date that is 3 days earlier than the date range entered via the parameter.

Has anyone seen this type of issue before? Is there a setting I have missed?
I think I have overlooked something - I just do not know where to look.

Thanks! Diana

Are you by any chance grouping by date (weekly)? The week group would show the value of the first day of the week--even if that date is not included in your record selection.

-LB

Yes, My grouping is for the date range of 02-21-7 thru 02-25-07.

as a parameter entered prior to the report run.

I am not using a group by date weekly ( I may not be communicating the functionality of CR correctlly - pardon my lack of CR speak.

Either way that makes sense to me. Thanks so much for your info - I am sure I would not have found that - by the way how do you know about that functionality?
Diana

I don't know why you would see a date in the group tree (which I assume you mean) unless you have a group on date.
How did I know about week groups showing the start date of the week? From experience. I also verified it before responding by replicating your situation, using selection starting in the middle of a week, but with a group on date by week.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back