Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DateDiff help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick69

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2005
CA
I'm trying to check for any fields that are higher than a specific time in a datetime filed (i.e everything after 7:30am for that date).

I'm used to working in Crystal Reports and I just can't seem to find the proper syntax to get this to work

Any help would be appreciated

I assume you are creating report SQL first, if so cast your datetime field as Time

cast(datetimefield as time) you can then filter that as greater than 0700 or what ever

eg

where cast([ReportedTime] as time) >= cast('07:00:00' as time)

Ian

Thank you, but I was hoping I could do it as a simple expression on the report itself, using a iif statement or datediff but the syntax is eluding me

My query itself is already pulling the first cases of the the day (MIN). I want all of the data from that query but simply want to count and highlight the date time fields (or timespan field via cast on the statement) that started after 07:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back