Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date/Time stamp in FP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballbearing

Technical User
Jan 7, 2004
US
We have on-line application form which the date and time are important. How do I have this date/time returned along with the application's results? With the B1 Submit button or perhaps some hidden field? We're using MS FrontPage 2002

Current date and time in vbscript is now but it depends on whether you get it from the server or the client. The server and client may be up to 24 hours apart.

eg it is now 23:01 where I am but it will probably say 16 or 17 something as the time of posting.

Sorry: 18 something. There is a 5 hour difference between the client and the server.

I was thinking more along Java code for something to do that. Haven't done any VB for html pages unless, of course, Java was what you meant. I could always manually enter the time/date from the email itself, but was hoping it could be included with the form's results because it is imported into MSAccess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back