Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

date superscript(?) on a date 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart10

MIS
Nov 2, 2007
GB
I am using CR XI

I have a date field but I need to show 1st 2nd 24th etc I can format the date to show 1 2 24 etc but how can I get the st nd rd th ect to show after it. I know I can write a formula for all 31 days in a month an then do a test but is there a neater way.

It would be nice if could also format in smaller font and to the top but I will do this via font settings

Right click on date and select Forat Field, then Customise for Date. This will give you a lot of options, but at least for C10 this doesn't include the 'st' etc.

You'd have thought it a common enough need for it to be included.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Yes this is what I have done to get the number of the date but as you say I want to inc the subscrip. I will have to write a formula on every date field which is very poor. Come on BO get your act together!!

Use a formula like this:

day({table.date}) &
(
if day({table.date}) in 11 to 13 then 'th' else
select totext(day({table.date}),"00")[2]
case '1' : 'st'
case '2' : 'nd'
case '3' : 'rd'
default : 'th'
)

-LB

Status