Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Resolution in graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ookete

Programmer
Oct 5, 2004
US
Does anyone know if you can alter the date resolution in graphs? What I mean by that is say you have the x-axis as "Date" and you want to change it from Daily to Monthly or Yearly. I know MS Graph has this option, and was wondering if it was in Reporting Services or if I need to group the data myself from within my stored procedure/query.

Have you tried basing the Axis on a parameter, having the user choose what date type, then doing an If/Else or Case in your Proc that puts out the data based on that DatePart()?

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back???

Yes, I can do it in my procedure, but I was seeing if there was a way RS did it itself. The less work I have to do the better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back