Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Range manipulation needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachaelD

MIS
Oct 25, 2006
US
I used Ken Hamady's formulas for Business Days and Business Hours and that works great, but the date/time fields I'm using sometimes report back hours and days that I don't want to include in the scope of my work day, therefore my calculations on time to resolve have strange results and show a negative if it's outside the scope.

I'd like to say that if {table.createdate} or {table.closeddate} is not between the hours of 8am and 5pm, then they need to report as 8am the next business day. So 5:01pm to midnight would add a day, and midnight to 7:59am would just become 8am.

I'm using Crystal 10.

Thanks!

please include the formula from Ken and lets see if anyone might be able to offer a modification that will return the results you are looking for.

@Business Days formula:
//Main formula
WhileReadingRecords;
Local DateVar Start := date({HPD_HelpDesk.Create_Time}); // place your Starting Date here
Local DateVar End := date({@Resolved or Closed}); // place your Ending Date here
Local NumberVar Weeks;
Local NumberVar Days;
Local Numbervar Hol;
DateVar Array Holidays;

Weeks:= (Truncate (End - dayofWeek(End) + 1
- (Start - dayofWeek(Start) + 1)) /7 ) * 5;
Days := DayOfWeek(End) - DayOfWeek(Start) + 1 +
(if DayOfWeek(Start) = 1 then -1 else 0) +
(if DayOfWeek(End) = 7 then -1 else 0);

Local NumberVar i;
For i := 1 to Count (Holidays)
do (if DayOfWeek ( Holidays ) in 2 to 6 and
Holidays in start to end then Hol:=Hol+1 );

Weeks + Days - Hol

@Business Hours formula:
WhileReadingRecords;

NumberVar Days := {@Business Days}; // The field that calculates your business days
TimeVar SetStart := TimeValue( "8:00"); // The start your work day
TimeVar SetEnd := TimeValue("17:00"); // The end your work day
TimeVar StartTime := TimeValue({HPD_HelpDesk.Create_Time});// The data field that holds your Start Time
TimeVar EndTime := TimeValue({@Resolved or Closed}); // The data field that holds your End Time

//These lines are only needed if your times are strings that do not indicate AM or PM, like "3:30"
//They will convert afternoon times to PM. Of course, this won't work if your workday is over 12 hours.
If StartTime < (SetEnd - 43200) then StartTime := StartTime + 43200;
If EndTime < (SetEnd - 43200) then EndTime := EndTime + 43200;

Days * ((SetEnd - SetStart) / 3600)
- ((SetEnd - EndTime) / 3600)
- ((StartTime - SetStart) / 3600)

The @Business Hours formula has a negative value if the time is outside the 8-5 M-F period.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back