Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date range in access report

Status
Not open for further replies.

turks393

Technical User
Dec 7, 2006
US
I have a query in access that is bringing up a date range

Between [Enter Start Date (MM/DD/YYYY)] And [Enter End Date (MM/DD/YYYY)]

I then used the report wizzard to make a report and in the header I want to show the date range that was entered. How do I do that. When I add the date to the header it only gives the first date in the range.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi,

You might want to post in forum703 instead if here.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

As SkipVought stated, post in the proper forum.
But, you'll get the suggestion to use a popup form to supply the dates to the query. So you'll have two textboxes to enter dates. By the way, it's also not suggested users type in dates. You'll have the users double click the textbox to bring up a calendar and then the user clicks on the date. Avoids typos, more professional, etc.
On the criteria line of the query, under date, you make a reference to the form for the dates: structure is -
Forms![FormName]![Textboxname]

Then you also do this for the report heading to create the range in the report. Two texboxes and a label:
Textbox To TextBox
the control source for the textboxes will be the same reference as above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back