Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date question? should be simple! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlaidEmp

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2001
US
Seagate Crystal reports is merged with Track-It! a call tracking software. When I pick a report it prompts me for a date selection. How can I get the date range that I selected used as part of the report title.

Thank you,

I'm no expert, but I've had this one before. Create a formula with the following value.

"'" + ToText(Minimum({?Date}),"M/d/yyyy") + " Through " +
ToText(Maximum({?Date}), "M/d/yyyy") + "'"

Then insert the formula name in your report heading

This fixed work but with a little more effort on my half.

Not much mind you.

This is how it is entered

"ToText(Minimum({?Date}),"M/d/yyyy") + " Through " +
ToText(Maximum({?Date}), "M/d/yyyy")"

the ?date is filled with the field that contains date in my case it was Tasks.Opendate for the correct info.

Thanks alot for the help.

Great !!! I'm glad I was able to help. I see that you use Track-It also. Happy Crystal Reporting.

Since you use trackit you may be able to assist with my other problem. For some reason it didn't get posted here I belive. I am trying to create a call log report that gives me hourly totals by date. The problem is that I don't know the logic to sort it hour by hour. I just get a ugly graph with WAY to many bars. Does this make sence as far as what I want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back