Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date prompt not passing from parent report to child report

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandanrock

Programmer
Apr 2, 2014
US
I have a scenario where i have a welcome page dashboard report which has only prompts and drill thorugh links to other child reports. I have a requiremment to add 3 static prompts and a from/to date prompt.
The three static prompts are passing to the child report but the date prompt(from and to) do not pass to the child report.
The parameter names in both the reports are same. The filter in the child is "date between Cast(?from? as date) and cast(?to? as date)".
In the source report i have tried passing the the parameter value of the two prompts to the target report and the prompt page in target report still pops up asking fro date.
I even created a dummy query in source report and created two data items with ?from? and ?to? and tried passing the data item values to the targtet.
But in this case, when i run the report, before the report runs, the two prompts pop up before the the main welcome page dashboard shows up.

Did anyone help me solve the issue.

Thanks
Naga

I have a scenario where i have a welcome page dashboard report which has only prompts and drill thorugh links to other child reports. I have a requiremment to add 3 static prompts and a from/to date prompt.
The three static prompts are passing to the child report but the date prompt(from and to) do not pass to the child report.
The parameter names in both the reports are same. The filter in the child is "date between Cast(?from? as date) and cast(?to? as date)".
In the source report i have tried passing the the parameter value of the two prompts to the target report and the prompt page in target report still pops up asking fro date.
I even created a dummy query in source report and created two data items with ?from? and ?to? and tried passing the data item values to the targtet.
But in this case, when i run the report, before the report runs, the two prompts pop up before the the main welcome page dashboard shows up.

Can anyone help me solve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back