Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrecker

Technical User
Aug 29, 2001
US
I have the default set to =date() in the textbox properties on a form. I have nothing in the default for the field, in the table that the textbox is bound to. I keep getting...
#name? returned in the textbox on the form.The textbox is also formatted to short date. If I also put =Date() in the default for the field in the table, I get an error that says it dosn't reconize "date". Not sure where I'm going wrong?
Access 2000... Windows NT

Thanks in Advance
Wrecker

To tag along on Doug's reply, you are trying to force a date into a text field. Before you can do that, you need to convert it to text like Doug has described. Terry M. Hoey

Hi!

Sounds like you may have a missing reference somewhere. Go to the VB window click on Tools on the menu bar and choose References. Check to make sure that none are missing.

hth Jeff Bridgham
bridgham@purdue.edu

Under Windows 2000/Access 2000 the date() function is no longer supported. You'll have to find another way to get the date in there, you can no longer set the date field in a table to date(). Also no longer supported is the Null default value.

Have used the Date() function and Null under Access97/WinNT, Access2000/Win98, and Access2000/WinNT. If not available under Win2000, sounds to me like a darn good reason not to "upgrade."

You're preaching to choir on that. Unfortunately "The Powers That Be" have decided that we will upgrade to W2K.

I don't beleive the Win2k access 2k date() thing is true. I have seen this before on a system that I had installed access runtime (97) on for a distributed app. The only way to fix it was to reinstall access. Unfortunatly one other program wouldn't work once this was reinstalled. I didn't find a solution besides not putting both apps on that machine. Try opening this database on the machine that is giving you a hard time and check the references and reset them if VBA isn't there (yes there is going to be more than one). Sometimes moving from machine to machine you have to reset references, at least in my experience.

Maybe this is the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back