Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Picker 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

newguy86

Technical User
May 19, 2008
US
I'm using Access 2007 and I have a form that I'm trying to put a date picker into but it's not working. I can either get the date picker to show up but whenever I select a date the field still appears blank or I can just type the date into the field but then the date picker never shows up.

I have two fields on my form (one for Start Date and another for End Date) and they're both setup for the Short Date format and Show Date Picker is setup as "For Dates".

One of the explanations that I found online for setting up this field says to select a Control Source. I left that blank because I couldn't get it to work properly (and other explanations online didn't mention it) and in the end I just need an unbound field that I can input the date into so that my reports will only run for the dates selected. Could that be causing the issue?

If so, how can I setup my control source to attach to the field? I originally had a query setup to list all available dates but when I tried to select a date the form kept erroring telling me that the selection would create duplicate values.

Also if there's any other solutions you guys have to more easily accomplish this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Travis
Charter Media

I would try create a new, blank, unbound form and add two text boxes. Set the format to short date with nothing in the control source. Test to see if they work as expected. This works for me in 2010 and I believe should also in 2007. If the test form works then there is something in your existing form that is interferring such as code or a macro.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

That worked!

I don't know what setting was causing my issue but my form was really simple so I just rebuilt it using the new form and deleted the old one.

Travis
Charter Media

Sometime forms will become corrupt. When I have issues, I will break something into the smallest parts either by starting from scratch or by removing things bit by bit until the desired results are reached or an error is generated.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back