Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Paramater

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamN28

Technical User
Aug 3, 2012
AU
Hi there
I am new to crystal so forgive me if my explanation is a little clumsy.

I have created a date paramater from a date time field.
When the paramater is shown to the user at report time, I would like it to just show the date not the date time. Currently it is shown as 2012-08-21 00:00:00

Thanks, Sam

In Crystal Designer right click parameter field and select format.

You can then select a format to suit. Or if you prefer the click customize and set up as you want.

Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for your reply.
your suggestion does not change how the datetime field is displayed in the paramater box when the user is selecting the report paramaters.
I have tried to change the paramater type to just Date and the date is still displayed as 2012-08-21 00:00:00

Ideally, I would like the end user to see the dates listed like:
28-01-2012
01-02-2012
05-03-2012 etc

rather than
2012-01-28 00:00:00
2012-02-01 00:00:00
2012-03-05 00:00:00

Use a date parameter

It will not be available to use in the selection wizard. However, go into the record selection formula editor and manually use date param with your datetime field.

Crystal will then calculate correct datetime value when creating SQL statement.

Ian

Please note that you are in the wrong forum. Threads like this belong in forum767: Business Objects: Crystal Reports 1 Formulas or forum149: Business Objects: Crystal Reports 4 Other topics.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back