Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date of Iwatsu exiting the new CPE market

sparepart

Technical User
Nov 16, 2023
US
Have the dates for NEC and Panasonic, looking for the Iwatsu exit notice and date

SP

Iwatsu stopped selling communications products in North America back in 2015. ICON Voice Networks was supplying parts for years after that but I'm unsure if they could still source newly made replacement parts at this time. An aftermarket reseller may be your best bet for any parts needs you have. I know Callisto Communications still sold some used parts just a couple of years ago.

I thought the Iwatsu facility in Japan stopped manufacturing products in 2009, after a tsunami damaged the property. At least up until a few years ago there were still quite a few Iwatsu TDM systems out there, a few were sizeable with different sites networked together. There's some with their proprietary VoIP phone that could be integrated with TDM systems. I know of a company in New England that has, or used to have a stock of various Iwatsu systems, phones and components.

Last edited:

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back