Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Y

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2002
GB
Showstopper.

How can you manipulate dates in FP 2002? I have an Access dbase I'm web enabling. One of the key paramaters is Period From and Period to (The client is in the insurance industry).

I have a main query that contains these date fields as (from) and (to). If I use the DRW it allows me to select the (from) field and gives me operators such as =, greater than etc. But when viewing the page I ALWAYS get a syntax data mismatch error.

On investigation I found:

284843 - FP2002 Error Querying Date-Time Fields in Access Databases.htm

On the Microsoft website. This suggests that FP will NOT handle date manipulation but there is the suggested workaround which basically suggests changing code from:
.......FROM QuryName WHERE (From = '::From::')
to:
.......FROM QuryName WHERE (From = #::From::#)

basically, changing the ' to #.

Done this and when you try to resave the page, Frontpage advises that a component has been changed and the change will be overwritten!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

ANY help will be MUCH appreciated.

How did you make the suggested change to the query? Did you do this by going into the DRW wizard and then modifying a custom query? That should work.

Or... if you want to do this in the code - HTML view; with DRW you can only make changes to the grey part of the DRW code. When you change the grey part of the code, FP will modify the red ASP part of the DRW code. The grey part of the code will be mostly all on one line above where you see the Red ASP code for hte DRW. I modify the DRW code often, and the only way to do it is with the grey part of the code, save the page and you will see that FP modifies the actual ASP(ish) output :)

HTH
Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Thanks 4 that Noconi.

I managed to work out the problem myself eventually and got the results I was looking 4.

Thanks again

Alan

I have the same problem... how did you solve it?

Ingvar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back