Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Lookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnash

MIS
Sep 5, 2001
I tried to create a database on the server(R6) and on one of the form I created a computed field with @created as the value. When I tried to create and save documents on the form, the value of the field was the time that was set on my workstation. Hence,we have some documents with incorrect dates. Is there a way that we can get the time on the server?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

@Created is evaluated by the client when you create a document, therefor you cannot use that to get the server date. That is true of all formulas that are used in forms and in all agents invoked by the client.
There is a good amount of info at in the developers section, R5 forum.
Personally, I think that all computers in a company should get a clock update on logon, that should remove most issues. Unfortunately, I have witnessed small discrepancies in time stamps even in large environments that practice client PC time updates.
This subject is old for Notes, and it just seems to creep back in every now and then.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back