Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Last Modified

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmith64

MIS
Jun 20, 2002
US
Is there a way to add a field to a table that enters the date that the last time another field is modified? Help!

Hi!

Add the last updated filed to your table and make sure it is included in the recordset of the form. In the BeforeUpdate event procedure add the line at the end of the code: LastUpdated = Date()

hth
Jeff Bridgham
bridgham@purdue.edu

Hello,
Hoping I can get some clarification on this issue.. I'm trying to accomplish the same thing: include a field on my form that gets updated any time any record on that form is changed.. In my table, I have a field called LastUpdated. I added that text box to my form. On the Properties of my form, I chose BeforeUpdate and clicked ... to start the expression builder (maybe I should have chosen the Macro or Code builder?) I then added LastUpdated = Date(). Now when I make changes, nothing is being added to the Last Updated field.. What am I missing?? Any help is greatly appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back