Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date grouping by month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zycmi

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2002
CA
Hi, I have a querry that currently groups all Statistics entries by weekly submissions. Thus, it reads the dates, matches them together, and sums up the statistics. This gives me Weekly totals, I now need to make a Monthly total for those statistics, and would like to simply take all the entries for a given month and sum those together. I was wondering if there is a way to do so in the querry builder (preferably) OR as an SQL Statement if need be.

If someone could offer me a little bit of insight, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Zycmi

can you copy and paste your current code/sql? why cant you just modify it to group on month instead of week?

Hi, I just answered my own question when I was looking through my Access Help files... I was unaware of the existance of the GroupOn feature. Everything works fine now.

Thanks.

Zycmi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back