Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date functions in query filter ?? - Impromptu

Status
Not open for further replies.

panderson

Technical User
Jul 3, 2000
US
Here is an Impromptu neophyte question: How do I get the date functions to work in a query filter. I have tried filters such as ApptDate = today () where ApptDate is the name of a data column, but this returns zero records. Query filters with numeric or string data seem to work fine for me. I assume I am making some type of syntax error, but can't find any online documentation in the program to correct it.

Thanks.

Forget about a syntax error because impromptu doesn't let you close the expression windows unless the exprssión is syntax validated.

Why don't you try with now() instead of today()?

Good luck,
Emilio

The Today function uses the date that is on your local PC/workstation. The now function uses the date that is on the server that you are attached to.

A reason you see 0 data could the database does not have todays data in it? Try using the today function and reset your date on the PC back one day and re run the query to see if it works. It could be a matter of the date select for the data update into the database.

If the data element is a datetime, rather than a date, you may have to strip off the time element to get an exact match for the filter. Check out the datetime-to-date function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back