Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date formula to exclude weekend 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckslor

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2011
US
Hi

Is it possible to create a date formula to run the previous work day's date that can exclude weekends?

For example, if today is Monday and you run the report, it'll show Friday's data. Tuesday show Monday, Wednesday show Tuesday, ect. without having to manually click and select a date.

The reason for this is I have a software program the generates crystal reports automatically. I'm hoping that there's a formula that can be inserted into Report>Select Expert for the date field for this to work, but I have no idea.

Thank you in advance.

If you need the day of the week, that's
Code:
DatePart ("w", {date1})
Put this as a formula field and it gives a number, 1 to 7. The default is Sunday as 1 and Saturday as 7, though you can change this using firstDayOfWeek

To get the last working day, you could do something like
Code:
If DatePart ("w", {your.date}) = 1 then currentdate-3
else currentdate-1
That's assuming it is only run on weekdays, and ignores bank holidays (which mostly need their own table).

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Hi Madawc

That's exactly what I was looking for. I never even thought of using DatePart.

Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back