Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Formatting in SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainBob007

Programmer
Dec 20, 2003
US
Hi all -

Ok, this is a problem with a form, but I believe it stems from SQL. I have a SQL function which calculates a date and inserts it in a table using "Now()". The field on the table is set for "short date" formatting. When the record is called up later, it is displayed in a text box on a form also set to the "short date" format. This form is not editable, and it looks fine.. I have another one that IS editable, and the date also looks fine, but when you click on it (to edit it), it shows the GENERAL Date (mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM). It's very annoying.

I'm thinking that if I could possibly have the SQL that inserts the date format the date as only MM/DD/YYYY that maybe this won't happen.

a) any ideas on how to do that?

b) anybody else ever had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

~Bob

Replace Now() by Date()

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back