Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbob2

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2007
US
I am trying to export data out of Adapt CRM the date formats are 6 digit numbers for example 732840.

I need to convert this to a readable date format.

Any Ideas....

You'll need to contact Adapt to find out the way they store dates. They obviously don't use the Btrieve date data type.
You might put a series of known dates and try to figure out the method yourself. For example, what date the value 732840 correspond to within Adapt?

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

I figured it out the date is based on the number of days since year 0000, Once I formated it in excel I realized it was just off by 1900 years.

Thank you Don for your help.

Bob

I work with an application that uses the same date format. Would any one know of the correct function to use to convert into a date through PSQL. I can do the conversion usind DateSerial after linked to MS SQL or MS Excel, but I was curious to see what the equivalent would be when creating a PSQL view from the Pervasive Control Center.

The date format in the application is the number of days since 01/01/0001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back