Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Format Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

damaruk

Technical User
Aug 2, 2000
GB
I am using the short date format in Acccess as it is easier to link to system date for queries and reports. My problem is that I want to merge with word in a letter and want to use the long date. ie) Access field date = 14/11/00 and I want a mergefield in word to read 14th November 2000.

I have thought of doing the long date in Access but the input mask only goes up to medium date.

If possible I would prefer the Access field date to remain as 14/11/00 and somehow convert the word date to read 14 November 2000.

Any suggestions?

I tried a couple of things but they did not work.
But I'll tell you what I did so you can mess around with it.

In Word add your Date merge field to the document.

Then add a date below it with the formating you want.
Next highlight both items and right click on them to "Toggle Field codes"

Now then try to copy and paste the formatting of the static date into the merged field.

Good Luck!!!

DougP, MCP
dposton@universal1.com

Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

why not create a query with all the fields you need, than add one additional expression field which you can use to create the new date format using

MyNewDate: Format([DateField],"dd mmmm yyyy")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back