Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date format in Paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalaid

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2003
AU
Hi there.. Brad from Down Under ..here

Could anyone please help me with a date format issue.

We have Windows XP running with Paradox 10.
The Regional and language options setting in control panel is set to English (Australia)
The short date is set to dd/mm/yyyy ...so with today being September 10, 2003 ... the format input into paradox is 10/09/2003
The advanced tab in Regional and language settings is set to English (United States) for Language for non-Unicode programs.

In the table, we have a field called date and in this field we can type a date that an item came into store. The format we type the date in is dd/mm/yyyy.

We made a form that we can type in the date range between so we can search the table and find data. In this date field in the form we have a blank space to type in the date range. In the Field properties of this field we have set the date type to Windows Short format.

Our problem is that when we try to find data using the form and type in the date such as dd/mm/yyyy, we get a no data found error message. If we type mm/dd/yyyy it is OK and we can find the data.
Here in Australia we use the dd/mm/yyyy format for everything, so we would like to keep it as dd/mm/yyyy in paradox, because when the girls search for data they default to what they are used to dd/mm/yyyy and cannot find the data, until they remember to type it in the other way.
Is there a way to set the form up so it is the same format as the table dd/mm/yyyy. What are we doing wrong?

Hope someone can help and thanks for taking time to read our dilema.

Nice 28 degrees celsius down here today and it is only the 10th day of spring. Might be in for a long hot summer

Many thanks... see ya
Brad
brad@crystalaid.com

Brad,

Try using formatSetDateDefault() to set the global date format for Paradox. You may need to create and save a custom date format to do this.

Also, you may need to create a startup script that's played whenever Paradox is loaded. You can run one by adding it to the command-line options in your Paradox icon's shortcut properties. See for details.

I have some code in my archives that demonstrates this; I'll try to dig it out over the next day or so.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back