Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date field problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushdib

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
US
Hi,
I have a Crystal Report opens from an ASP.Net page and using SQL 2000. I am using an XML file to connect to Crystal Reports. The XML file is created using a dataset in ASP.Net.
When the Crystal Report opens up, it does not show anything in the date fields. I checked the XML file, the dates are there.
Can somebody please help me?

Thank you,

Rushdi

I am connecting to a Dataset that has been exported using the XMLDataDocument.

However when I display the dates in the report it display the entire contents of the field and does not reconise it as a date field.

There also does not seem to be any properties in Crystal reports to tell it that it is in fact a date field.

What it display is 2004-11-07T00:00:00.0000000+11:00 Where I want it to only display 7/11/2004 (being in Australia).

I am using Crystal.net and also tried to fix the problem using v10, but still no luck. I dont really want to do any reformatting to get around this problem, so if anyone knows of a way to do it directly in Crystal it would be much appreciated.

AGIMA - professional web hosting is our business.

AGIMA Computing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back