Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date field problem when exporting from Crystal to Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazcadman

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
GB
Hi,

I'm completely stuck with this one. I have a crystal report XI and have a date field of when an order was closed. So, not all orders are closed and in this case this field is blank. However when i export to Excel it puts the following in the spreadsheet '00/01/1900' for all cases where is should be blank. I have tried writing a formula that only shows the date if not blank and it looks ok in crystal but again when i export report it fills these blank fields with '00/01/1900'. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Karen

hi,
However when i export to Excel it puts the following in the spreadsheet '00/01/1900' for all cases where is should be blank.
You have in reality, exported a ZERO and not NOTHING!

Of course, you understand that dates are just numbers. In Excel, all dates begin with the number 1, in January 1 1900. Yes, the number 0, displays as 00/00/1900.

Why not use Conditional Formatting to display the FONT COLOR as the CELL INTERIOR COLOR when the cell value is ZERO.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back