Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date Expressions - Cognos 8 Report Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drepso

Technical User
Jul 22, 2002
AU
Apologies in advance for this post as I know this should be straight forward however I am new to C8 and would appreciate any help.

Product: Cognos 8 Report Studio 8.1

Issue: A cube has been published as a package and I have created a report off this cube (report is a chart). As the cube is only updated weekly I would like users to be able to see the last time the cube was updated as a date/timestamp in the pagefooter of the report regardless of when they run the report during the week.

Is there a way of doing this? When experimenting, the only date expression I can get to work is the current 'Date' & 'Time'.

ReportDate() returns blank in the pagefooter when the report is run.

Can anyone assist with the above please?

Instead of ReportDate() I used CubeDate() and received the following error message:

Function name was not found in expression: "CubeDate()

When testing some date expressions:

Today() returns a value
ReportDate() returns nothing
CubeDate() returns the above error message

Not sure what I am doing wrong, any help is appreciated. Thanks

CognosProfessional, thanks for your help.

I can return ReportDate() but not CubeDate.
The report on my portal now returns the date the report was run, but does not indicate when the cube was refreshed which is misleading.
How can I get CubeDate() to work properly.
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back