Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date conversions between Microsoft SQL Server and Viewing in MS Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnb1023

MIS
Feb 10, 2010
US
After establishing an ODBC link to a local Microsoft SQL Express 2005 server through Microsoft Access, I have a table column called LKL_Date is displayed in military date format DDhhhhZMmmYYYY when viewed through the application user interface however, when I view the data in this column through Microsoft Access, the format of the dates display as numbers.

For example 061002ZMar2011 displays as 1299405720 when viewing the LKL_Date column in Microsoft Access.

The only way formatting is maintained is if I actually export the table from the SQL Server database into MS Access.

What format is being used when viewing this in access? I want to be able to convert the numbers back into a date format in order to build expection based reports when certain date criteria are met using the LKL_DATE column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back