Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date buckets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart1000

MIS
May 23, 2007
GB
I have a problem driving me crazy. I have afeeling that arrays may be the answer although i have NEVER used them,but can someone help me. I am using Crystal XI

I want to group into ' date buckets ' a count when date is logged
as below

Time bucket Date logged Logged Day no Current day no
1-3 xxx 1 3
4-6
etc
This is easy but my big issue is how to handle weekends! The business rule is that they are included for counting purposes but shifted by relevant number of days . For instance if I log a call on a friday, run report on monday then this should show as value of 1 NOT 3, if I run on the Tuesday it should show value 2 NOT 4 and hence still be in 1-3 time bucket
I can do this for first week through simple formula but this dataset can go back weeks so how do I count the number of saturdays and sundays to subtract and then make the adjustment to get into correct time bucket

I want to show results in details line to examine them and then eventually do a cross tab report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back