Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date and Time Resetting on KX-TD1232

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterpbx

Technical User
Aug 6, 2003
US
Hello all... wondering if any of you have seen this situation before:

I have a KX-TD1232 w/ dual cabinets and about 60 phones. I have been supporting this system for approx. 3 years. About twice a year I would get a call from the customer saying the date and time is incorrect, usually 12:00:00 etc. on the phone displays. No big deal, I'd go up and reset the date and time. I had always assumed it was due to a power outage.

However, in the past few months I have been requested to reset the date and time around 6 times. From speaking with the customer it does not seem to be a power issue.

From a little research I have seen that the system contains a lithium battery. (Panasonic says this battery is good for 7 years from what I read)

Has anyone had similar issues? The only thing that is ever "lost" is the date and time. I have never lost any programming settings. I'm wondering if I might have a dead battery or if the problem is more serious.

Thank you for any tips you can provide.

I would back that phone system programming up on a laptop ASAP. Hopefully you have the program. The fact that only the time/date is getting lost doesn't make sense. Note what time/date it is when you come out so you can count back and figure out when exactly it get lost. If it's sometimes during business hours, its either database corruption, or malicious human intervention. Change program 120 (customer password) to see if it's the latter. Also, make sure the tech password isn't the default either. If its always after-hours, try putting a UPS on it.

If it is database corruption: Backup database, reset system, reprogram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back