Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Date and Time Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

renu123

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
IN
Is there a way to ask for date + time .
It should be a value prompt where the user is able to enter the value rather than select from a list of values from database. I have an attribute based on a DATE datatype column in Oracle. I want the user to enter date-time ranges.
Passthrough functions do not allow prompts as inputs. Any other way to do this?

Used Applysimple(to_char(....,'YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS')..)) and extracted the datetime into a text type. Created prompts for this text stuff and used them in a filter with a between operator. This works. My only concern is that with text prompt, what is the validation that we can provide?? At the most, text length. If there is any change in the format ...the query will not return the required info.
Any way to do more validation on text prompts, especially in this case of dat time ranges?

probably not the most elegant way but a possible workaround...

- 2 date prompts
- 6 long value prompts
- 2 of them with valid range 0-24
- 4 of them with valid range 0-60

then you can use your applysimple method....

in web, you'll want to order the prompts so that statedate, starthour,startminute,startsecond come together....like I said, not elegant...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back