Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

datawindow running slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb333

Programmer
Jan 15, 2007
US
Hi! All

I have datawindow using stored procedure , when i ran stored procedure on SQL Query Anlyzer , it took about 9 seconds , but when i retrieved datawindow from PB , it took 3 minutes , but it is not all the time , the slowness only happens 5 - 10% of the time running datawindow . I tried to figure out why but i can not .

Im using PB9.0 and SQL2000

Thank for your help !

HI

mybe the datawindows retrieve event is coded and that code is running fast or slow depending on some parameters

is the stored procedure using views. they can be slow the first time called and later fast becuse of db-caching. or temprary tables which my be filled some times earlier and somteimes they are not filled when the datawindow runs

mybe the stored proc is waiting for some locked rows or tables other users caused

Run a db trace in SQL2000 and run the PB app to see what's going on in the database.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back