Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datawindow Command Button Color property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmchap1

MIS
Nov 16, 2005
US
I created a PowerBuilder Application over two years ago using 10.5 and it was scrapped. I am back creating it but found that the Command Button I created in a DW although dispays in the painter with background of Red it shows inthe preview as white. What is missing that I had before?

I didn't think it was possible to change the background color of a button? The text color, yes, but not the background. Any chance you could post a screenshot of the button?

I tried to put a screen shot here but it would not allow me.

The datawindow command button allows me to put a color on it in the DW painter by using background tab but when it displays in the preview it is white.

I found the answer -

The Background.Color property is not supported for buttons on Windows XP by default because the current XP theme controls the appearance of the button.

In the painter
Set the Show Backcolor on XP property on the General tab of the Properties view for the DataWindow object. The background color you selected will display in Preview mode.

This worked.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back