Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datawindow Column Object that supports text wrapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

girls3dog1

Programmer
Nov 22, 2002
US
I would like to have the text entered in a DW column object wrap to the next line if it runs into the right side of the object frame. I would like it to display this same way upon retrieval. Is there a DWO that supports this formatting?

Thank-you.

Any normal column object will let you do this. In the edit property tab for the object, make sure you have checked the vertical scroll properties as on (Auto Vert Scroll and Vert Scroll Bar). Also make the column object height and width as you would like it in your display and disable horizontal scroll properties.

RT

Thanks for your assistance. I tried that and all is well with text being wrapped to the next line as long as the height of the DWO is big enough. Is it possible for the height to dynamically adjust as a function of whether there's one or more lines to wrap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back