Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DataTypes in SQL Server and Stored Procedure Help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseNewbie

Programmer
Jan 9, 2004
AU
Hi,

I'm just starting to use SQL Server 2000 with ASP.NET, i am at the moment trying to create the table structure and i've got some questions, firstly I come from an Access background, what do all these new datatypes (nvarchar, ntext etc) explained in the documentation? I want to have an ID field(like the autonumber in Access) that has the primary key etc. Should i use 'smallint' for it? we expect about 10000-20000 rows of data in this field. Or is there a different field?

Next is about stored procedures, is there a tutorial around that will teach me how to use stored procedures with ASP.NET C#? I cant seem to find away to parse arguments to the stored procedures:(

Thanks,

Emily.

When using autonumbers I would always use INT, smallint limits the autonumber to a maximum of 32767 adding and deleting rows will soon use this up.

Cant help with second part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back