Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datatype Problem - SSAS 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodecahedron

Technical User
Oct 27, 2005
GB
I am currently developing a cube with sql 2005 analysis services.

I am currently having a problem joining six tables together in the Data Source View.

In the database the fields that I am joining together in all the problem tables are of datatype tinyint.
When I join them together in a stored procedure for example there are no problems with the joins.

However when I try to join the tables in the DSV, the datatype in one table is tinyint and the field to join to in the other table is now regarded
as of datatype system.byte. Therefore I cannot join them together as they are now deeemed as different data types.

Can anybody tell me what is going on with this or help me with a solution.

i have the same problem.
Are there any cumulative update for this bug.

Easiest fix would be to create a view in the database that converts to int, and use that view in your DSV.

I typically recomend always using a view as the source table as it allows you to handle this and other items easier.

I believe in the DSV you may be able to change the datatype property.

Paul
---------------------------------------
Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back