Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datastore Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH24

MIS
Jun 18, 2001
GB
The Datastore that resides on a SQL Server has just had its IP and subnet changed and so had all the W2K Terminal Servers with Citrix XP FR3 installed on them. They all reside on this new subnet, however if i try to create a new published app or logon to an existing published app i cannot connect to it from Program Neighbourhood on a Windows XP PC that is also on the same subnet.

I have tried several of the servers IPS's in the Server location but whenever it browsers it fails to find the published app or the name of servers.
I can ping all the severs and resolved names via DNS.

When the Zone was created it was left with the default name of the Network, in this case 192.1.1.0

I think this is what is causing the problems, can i just rename this zone to the new subnet which is 172.16.0.0 or do i need to totally recreate the datastore.

Or is it something else entirely???

Thanks

I would suggest checking your ICA client server location entries. You might have an IP instead of the netbios name specified in the server location. If the ip of those servers have changed, then you will get a message saying unable to contact the citrix server. I don't think the zone name will cause any issues because you can simply rename the zone at any given time.

I would also do a dsverify or a dscheck to make sure your datastore is clean.

Hope that helps.

Before you go to far down the wrong path, the zone name has nothing to do with the actuall subnet. You can name it my zone if you want. I actually do not use the subnet name but change it to a location name. Zones can often times span multiple subnets. This is just a name and nothing more.
If your clients are not browsing to the applications you need to make sure they can communicate through port 80 to the Citrix servers. From the client can you telnet to port 80 of the citrix server(s)? Do telnet servername 80. you should get "Server: Citrix Web PN Server". Its not going to let you stay connected but you should get some connection information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back