Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datastage sql connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomodata

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2003
US
HI all,

I am using a really old version of datastage (version 3.6-unix). I am a new user who has been assigned to fix the broken application without much prior knowledge. I keep getting one error when I try to validate a job.

call to SQL connect failed

SQL STATE= 08003 DBMS CODE = 0
[Ardent] [SQL client] [ODBC] [Intersolv] [ODBC lib] connection not open.

The unix server is able to connect via sql plus to both source and destination databases and so can the client. I do not understand ODBC enough to solve this problem. Appreciate any little help that you guys can offer.

thanks

nomodata

You need to configure your dsenv and your odbc.ini to include the enviroment variables

Hi vsanchezj,

thanks for your reply, but the environment variables are set up properly in dsenv and in odbc.ini. In fact that was the first thing I checked. a question about odbc.ini: does it have to have the LD_LIBRARY paths included in it like in the dsenv?

thanks

nomodata

Of course, you have to include the LD_LIBRARY path, for example for Sybase I included the Sybase path.

Otherwise you need to modify the uvodbc.config included in your project directory to include the ODBC Sources, for example mine is like this:

[ODBC DATA SOURCES]
<localuv>
DBMSTYPE = UNIVERSE
network = TCP/IP
service = uvserver
host = localhost

<SYB_BIFIN>
DBMSTYPE = ODBC

<SQL_MSO>
DBMSTYPE = ODBC

Hope it helps,

Victor

One very important thing to note about the uvodbc.config .. don't forget the spaces aroung the &quot;=&quot; sign... I spent many hours why I was getting odd error messages .. turned out I had DBMSTYPE=ODBC and not DBMSTYPE = ODBC.

Nothing to do with this problem.. just something that annoyed me :)

Starg

Hi,

Please go to Tools4Datastage forum ,there are number of posts on UNIX set up. they shud help u out.

Regards
Srinivas.B Srinivas.B
get_mebs@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back