Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dataset to pass parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsandwick

Programmer
Sep 10, 2001
US
cr 9
vb .net 2002
oracle 7

I have a simple oledb dataset on one windows form in vb .net 2002 calling one column from oracle 7, results appear in a text box.

But, only the first results appears.

Goal is to show all results in a drop down, then the user can choose one or several (do I pass these results to a separate text box?), and then pass the results (in the separate text box?) to a crystal 9 report, as parameters.

Am able to pass hard coded parameters in windows form that also has crystal viewer. But this is not really what we need. Now want to pass from separate previous windows form, and then feed into form with crystal viewer.

Your help would be appreciated! Have struggled with this ...

Hi,

I didn't really understand your problem.

Can you be more specific on that. ?

Bhavesh

Hello, Bhavesh:
Well, I've got past this problem. I'm now pulling in all results from a dataset linked to listbox1, and can transfer some to listbox2. Now, I need to take the results in listbox 2 (vb .net 2002 and crystl 9) on form2 and pass these parameters to form1 crystalviewer1. I can hard code one parameter from form2 to form1, just need to replace this with the listbox2 array, which could be one or many results.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back