Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

datas of previous record

Status
Not open for further replies.

berthoud

Technical User
Oct 31, 2010
FR
Hi every body.

I have a "standard" browse with a "standard" form to update/insert.(C5ee)

When I create a new record, I need to know some values of the previous record of the file (for exemple the date "myfile:DateOestrus") to do some calcs in the form.

I try this way :

1°) put the browse procedure and the form procedure in the same module
2°) create a data "PreviousDateOestrus) in the module.
3°) assign the value myfile:DateOestrus to PreviousDateOestrus by putting the code "PreviousDateOestrus = myfile:DateOestrus" in the embed "End of format an element of the browse queue/Browse on Myfile".

It's work well but if I delete ALL the records, the "PreviousDataOestrus" data keep the value of the last record read and don't assign to 0.

May be it's not the good embed to do that?

Could you help me?

Thanks

Hi!

Instead of this, why don't you create an ALIAS of the table in the dictionary and use the Alias table to find your previous value & calculate?

Regards

Thank you for your answser.

Yes it's an other way, but I resolve the pb by adding clear(myvariable) on embed "browse box : no record found".

But since a few minutes I have a big problème when linking :

LINK ERROR : unsupported record type1 0

I try with backup of d-1, d-2 d-3, etc ... with the same result!!!

what could be happened?????

Hi,

OUF!!! (in french)

I have a clone of my HD on an other(3-4 months old) ... so I copy the path containing CW5ee from my clone to my HD and all is OK.

If somebody can tell me what hapened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back