Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DataReport : run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)'

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNJ

Programmer
May 10, 2000
MY
Any body know how to set connection and pass parameter for Data Environment and DataReport in VB 6 ?<br><br>1. My system work OK if I connect at design time ( by fill in correct server details at dbmaster Data Link Properties Connection tab) and disable the code inside &quot;begin connection code&quot; and &quot;end connection code&quot;<br><br>2. If I leave dbmaster Data Link Properties Connection tab blank. and enable the code inside &quot;begin connection code&quot; and &quot;end connection code&quot;<br>&nbsp;I received run-time error '-2147417848(80010108)' method 'Customer Statement_Grouping' of object '_deMaster' failed. The error debug points at code after *errLEVEL.<br><br>3. I found out from MSDN site that the run time error code is a bug of VB 6 but they don't relate to DataReport object.<br><br>Any INPUT?<br><br>my code:<br><br>&nbsp;'begin connection code<br>&nbsp;deMaster.dbmaster.ConnectionString = &quot;Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=01;Persist Security Info=true;User ID=01;Initial Catalog=dbmasterCat;Data Source=NTSERVER&quot;<br>&nbsp;If deMaster.dbmaster.State = adStateOpen then<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;deMaster.dbmaster.Close<br>&nbsp;End If<br>&nbsp;deMaster.dbmaster.Open<br>&nbsp;'end connection code<br><br>&nbsp;With deMaster<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If .rsCustomerStatement_Grouping.State = adStateOpen then<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;.rsCustomerStatement_Grouping.Close<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;End If<br>&nbsp;'*errLEVEL<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;.CustomerStatement_Grouping txtICNo, Format(dtpDateFr & &quot; 00:00:00&quot;, &quot;yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss&quot;), Format(dtpDateTo & &quot; 23:59:59&quot;, &quot;yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss&quot;), C_NEWACCT, C_SALE<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;End With<br>&nbsp;set rptCustStmt.DataSource = deMaster<br>&nbsp;rptCustStmt.Show<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back