Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datareport - labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOR

Technical User
Jan 30, 2002
GB
Can you remotely enter the label.caption property in a datareport without it being part of the reports recordset etc. In other words being able to put in random titles.

Secondly, can you append to a datareport? ie add to the page following a space another set of data comming from another SQL statement, or should/can one use a loop during the report ? Thanks

With a Datareport called dr1:

dr1.sections(1).controls("lblName").caption = "Fred"

Sorry I can't help on the other bits. I've never tried to append datareports. I just print one, then start again.

You seem to have been working on this for ages now. Are you making steady progress? Are any of these comments helping at all?

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

You can also use the report footer section and create your own detail section all based on labels that are not visible and have a number on the end of each label sort of creating an array of labels. Then make your onw recordset and fill in the and make visible those labels via datareport's initialize event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back