Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datagridview column size 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

morfasie

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2004
ZA
Hi,

I am trying to set the column size of the datagridview. with the statement : datagridview1.columns[0].width = 20

but it gives me the following error : property access must assign to the property or use its value?

Can anybody help please?

If viable in your situation you can look into the AllowAutoColumnFit property as well

[sub]____________ signature below ______________
The worst mistake you'll ever make is to do something simply the way you know how while ignoring the way it should be done[/sub]

Hi,

thanks for replies, unfortunately it is not what I am looking for. I want to adjust one column in a datagridview. If I use, datagridview1.column[0].width = 20, it gives an error?

why is that?

thanks

Code:
DataGridView1.Columns(0).Width = [COLOR=red][b]"[/b][/color]20[COLOR=red][b]"[/b][/color]

Try

DataGridView1.Columns.Item(0).Width = 20

That should do the trick.

Regards,
Noel.

Hi Noel,

unfortunately isn't doing anything, not changing the width of the column.

Regards

Hi Morfasie,

I actually posted that reply before seeing zmrAbdulla's post. Did his suggestion sort your problem?

If not can you post a copy of your code as i've tested both zmrAbdulla's and my suggestions on a datagrid that i'm working on and it appears to work as you require.

Regards,
Noel.

Sorry everybody, stupid me, didn't see that I had the following command before the = "20"

DataGridView3.AutoSizeColumnsMode = DataGridViewAutoSizeColumnsMode.AllCells

It works fine now!! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back