Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DataGridView and Undo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadd

Programmer
Oct 28, 2001
US

I want to implement an "Undo" feature on a DataGridView control. This control is not connected to data source. I am simply loading data from a text file "manually" and allowing the user to edit and save the file.

Does the DataGridView control have any built in support for Undo, or will I have to code it all myself? If so, can anyone suggest a good article on the concepts involved in coding an Undo feature? (Ideally, I would like to see how others may have coded Undo for this DataGridView control)

Thanks.

As far as the DataGridView having built in support for undo, I've never run across it. However, there is a property within the dataset that can allow you to keep up with the previous entries. I'm just starting to dive into that aspect of the dataset so I wouldn't feel comfortable giving advice other than there is a way to do it. If noone else responds in the next couple of days, I'll post back with my findings. I'm starting the undo portion of my project this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back