Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DataGridView and MySql ODBC driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcox05

Programmer
Apr 25, 2006
US
I'm trying to familiarize myself with the DataGridView and all its functionality in the GUI designer.

Right now I'm trying to use the MySql ODBC 3.51 driver for the DataGridView.

I'm having trouble with the query builder once I finish settin up a connection using the Data Source Config. Wizard.

Here's what I have been able to accomplish:

Create a connection that works .. .have used the test connection button

Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};server=5.169.50.140;port=3306;database=eqdb;option=0;uid=tester;pwd=*********

now then when I a select which tables / fields to use and then click finish ... an error message occurs saying the following:

"<`eqdb`..`npc_types`>
Could not retrieve schema information for table or view `eqdb`..`npc_types`."

now I made sure that the user that i login as has the permissions to retrieve schema info so ... i don't understand why i'm gettin this error.

so then i click ok to ignore the error and autogenerate the DataSet files and incoporate them into the DataGridView.

I always get a exception thrown sayin mysql syntax is incorrect ... I have edited myself and checked to make sure that it worked (which it does in mysql cmd line) but in my application it fails everytime.

Any insight would be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back