Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datagrid SP5 Not Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaemonSaDiablo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2003
AU
Hi Everyone.

I have a datagrid attached to a adodb control to show a quick report on jobs overdue.

It works great on my system, but everytime I run on another system, I get the error 7005 - Rowset not available.

Any ideas on what I missed?

The code that loads the datagrid is below.

frmKeeperMain.adoDB.ConnectionString = dbConnStr
frmKeeperMain.adoDB.RecordSource = "SELECT ClientTable.ClientName AS Client, JobTable.JobNumber AS [Job Number], JobTable.JobDescription AS [Job Description] FROM ClientTable INNER JOIN JobTable ON ClientTable.ClientName = JobTable.ClientName Where (((JobTable.JobEstComplete) =#" + Format$(Now, "mm/dd/yyyy") + "#) And ((JobTable.JobManager) = '" + strCurrUser + "') AND JobTable.JobCompleted is NULL) ORDER BY ClientTable.ClientName, JobTable.JobNumber;"
frmKeeperMain.adoDB.Refresh
frmKeeperMain.dblJobs.Refresh
If frmKeeperMain.dblJobs.ApproxCount <> 1 Then
frmKeeperMain.dblJobs.Caption = &quot;Jobs Due Today &quot; + Format$(Now, &quot;Short Date&quot;) + &quot; - &quot; + CStr(frmKeeperMain.dblJobs.ApproxCount) + &quot; Entries&quot;
Else
frmKeeperMain.dblJobs.Caption = &quot;Jobs Due Today &quot; + Format$(Now, &quot;Short Date&quot;) + &quot; - &quot; + CStr(frmKeeperMain.dblJobs.ApproxCount) + &quot; Entry&quot;
End If
frmKeeperMain.dblJobs.Caption = &quot;Jobs Due Today &quot; + Format$(Now, &quot;Short Date&quot;) + &quot; - &quot; + CStr(frmKeeperMain.dblJobs.ApproxCount) + &quot; Entries&quot;

Check that you have latest SP3 version of msadodc.ocx and msbind.dll (also check comcat.dll)
If all OK, then I'm stumped as I have similar issue. If you find resolution, PLEASE let me know

Thanks
Geri

You need to copy (and regsvr32) the file &quot;MSBIND.DLL&quot; on the machine where your VB application is running. There is a hidden and undocumented dependency between the ADODC component and MSBIND.DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back