Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DataGrid Row Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

evoluder

MIS
Dec 4, 2001
US
Hello,

I have a DataGrid that is bound to an ADO recordset. Above it on the same form, I have a series of bound text boxes (to the same ADO recordset). When the user hits a menu button such as "edit," the currently selected record in the datagrid is displayed in the bound text boxes above. They are now free to change the data and hit a "save" button to save the data to the ado recordset. I want to prevent the user from moving off of the selected record (that is being edited) by clicking on a different row in the datagrid. Currently I am setting datagrid.enabled = false to prevent the user from doing this. However, for various reasons, I would like the user to be able to scroll up and across in the datagrid to look at the data, but not be able to click on a different row thereby moving off of the correct database record.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good way to accomplish this?

I appreciate any and all comments.

Regards,

evoluder

Hello again,

Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back