Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

datagrid property builder help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshurst

Programmer
Oct 27, 2004
US
I would like to know what to put in the "URL field" and "URL format string" field to pass two parameters from the datagrid property builder. I can pass one fine, but I don't know the syntax for passing two. Can someone help me out? Here is what I have so far...
Code:
URL Field:  animalid
URL format string:  Animal/AnimalEditor.aspx?animalid = {0}

Thanks.

From the Property Builder these translate to the grid for a HyperLink column as:

URL Field: DataNavigateUrlField="animalid". This will be the {0}
URL FormatString: DataNavigateUrlFormatString="/animal/animalEditor.aspx?animalid={0}". This is where you want the link to go. No spaces!
Text Field: DataTextField="animalid". This is what the user will see...Unless...
Text Format String: DataTextFormatString="View animal-{0}". The user would see the animalid in the column unless you did this, in which case they would see "View animal-n"

For all of the above when using the property builder:NO QUOTES.

Thanks for the info. But what is the syntax if I want to add pass two fields in the string?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back