Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

----- DataGrid Paging --------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaniDak

Technical User
Mar 13, 2002
US
Hi,
Can I implement datagrid paging in Windows forms, similar to datagrid paging used in asp.net. If yes, how?
I'm asking this because, currently I have a datagrid that displays all my records, this would not be a problem if I did not have more then 1000 records. What I would like to do is, display only 35 records at the time and use something like datagrid paging to navigate between them. I'm using windows forms not web forms.

Thank you

Hi,

Look in the MSDN library that comes with VS.Net (or the online KB) for article # Q305271:

HOW TO: Perform Paging with the DataGrid Windows Control by Using Visual Basic .NET

I think this will answer you questions on data paging.

Hope this helps.

Glen Appleton

VB.Net student.

Thanks Chrissie
I found. However the paging refers to the flexgrid control and I do not know how applicable it would be to the datagrid control. I am advised in the help section of VB.NET to use the dataview method, but that seems to be very limited.

PK Odendaal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back