Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datagrid not refreshing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanX

Programmer
Jan 16, 2001
US
I load a datagrid by binding to a datareader. I visible-ize a panel with textboxes and fill with a record's data from a link on the datagrid. I save the edited data from the form and re-bind the grid. The dang data does does not show unless I refresh (re-posting) again. Yet, if I look in the database, the change is already there before the refresh. The re-binding is called after the data is written to the database so what's the deal? I tried turning off viewstate for the grid, setting the cache expiration to -1, re-directing back to the same page afterwards to re-load...Then I rebuilt the whole thing out of a repeater instead of a datagrid, figuring that all the extra stuff going on in the grid might be providing a place for the old data to cache. Get through with all that and yikes! - still wont refresh! Any ideas where to go with this?

hm..
datagrid and datareader

has a .NET appeal to it?!?

try the ASP.NET forum if this is corect. [smile]

Ahhhh...yes. Never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back