Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datagrid - can't REFRESH!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiLgUrL

Technical User
Feb 9, 2003
CA
it's my first time to use datagrid and im still trying to discover some of its magic - if we can call it that way :)

ok - i am using a combo box (contains list of filenames - which are in excel format) and once i selected one... it will be imported into a temporary table - and from there it will also be displayed in a datagrid.

everytime i select a filename... before it will import the contents of the excel it will clear my temp table first...

Code:
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
    With rs
        .Open "DELETE * FROM Temp_Table", conn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockPessimistic
    End With
    Adodc1.Recordset.Requery
    Adodc1.Refresh
    dgrdMain.Refresh

and that's my problem... i used .Refresh but how come my datagrid is not being updated. I want it in a way that every time i select a filename - and once my Temp_Table is cleared my datagrid should also be cleared immediately without closing and opening the form just to have it refreshed...

i got it!

Code:
    Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
    With rs
        .Open "Select * FROM Temp_BOM", conn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockPessimistic

While .EOF = False
        .Delete
        .MoveNext
        Wend
        rs.Requery
    End With

Adodc1.Refresh
    FrmRegBOM.Refresh
    dgrdMain.Refresh

But i wonder why it's not working with

Code:

Hi LiLgUrL,

The reason the following code does not work is that you can not delete records while opening a recordset.

You could however do what you want with the connection object you are using:

conn.Execute "DELETE * FROM Temp_Table"

Hope that helps,
-GS

garths2 it;s you again! Thanks for answering my questions I am really learning a lot from you and from this forum of course... You're my hero [thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back